We're one third of the way into the new year. How are your resolutions holding up? If you're making progress, give yourself a well deserved pat on the back. But if you happen to be stuck in a rut, jot down these handy tips:
- Write your goal down on paper.
- Create two columns - for the pros and cons associated with your goal.
- Put all of the pros and cons in the appropriate column.
- Look over the list and put an asterisk next to anything that does not directly affect you.
- Remove the asterisk marked pros/cons from the list.
- Carefully look at what remains on the list.
- If very few of the remaining pros directly affect your personal growth, you've picked an unattainable goal.
- If you have a sufficient number of pros remaining on your list, then you need to look at how much time you've allowed yourself to accomplish your goal.
- Specify your goal e.g. lose 50 pounds by [specific date].
- Break the goal down into small, incremental steps e.g. lose three pounds per week.
- Record the short term goals in a journal.
- Review the journal because patterns will eventually emerge. As you progress toward your long term goal, repeat steps which bring success while avoiding those which cause you to stall.
- Post encouraging words on your wall, and on index cards and refer to them throughout the day.
- Each morning perform affirmations that focus on attaining your goal.
- Congratulate yourself for each small success but don't berate yourself for your failures.
The fifteen tips I listed above will make the journey toward accomplishing your goal a bit easier. Just remember, that nothing in this world comes easy. If you really want it, you're going to have to work hard to get it.
**Share this!! Share this!! Use Twitter, Facebook, Stumbleupon and the other social media tools located in the sidebar and bottom of this article to tell others about this website.**
I'm living fit, healthy and happy. Are you?
"Fifteen Tips To Help You Keep Your New Year Resolutions" copyright 2012 Living Fit, Healthy and Happy(SM). All Rights Reserved.