7 Food Items That Help Fighting Weight Gain
Submitted by: Kya Grace
Eating healthy is the way to keep a healthy working body. Judy Dodd, R.D, past president of the American Dietetic Association is of the opinion that most Americans not only eat too much, they eat too often. Our eating habits should be determined by our physical activities and age. The right amount of calorie intake is the secret to a healthy body.
First, we need to understand what overweight means. Doctors and Dieticians use the BMI (Body Mass Index) to measure this. Know your weight in Kilograms and your height in Meters. Say, your height is 1.50 Meters. Multiply 1.50 by 1.50, you get 2.25 as the result. If your weight is, say 42.0 Kilos, divide 42.0 by 2.25. The resultant number, 18.7 is your BMI. A body with BMI between 18.5 and 25.0 is a healthy body. Between 25.0 and 30.0 it is overweight and if the BMI is above 30.0, it is an obese body. The moment you find your BMI crossing 25.0, start taking corrective steps.
The seven food items that are helpful in losing weight are:-
4. High Fiber Cereals
5. Sprouted Pulses
6. Skimmed Milk Products
Water is the most important “food” that the body needs. Experts say that the amount of water intake in a day should be proportional to your body weight, say your weight is 100 pounds, then you must drink 50 ounce of water daily. You can make a choice from the following diet plan which has been based on these foods –
Make it a habit of never missing your breakfast, whatever the urgency. This is the first meal of your day and is going to kick start your energy for the day.
1. A cup of non-fat milk with cereal and raisins.
2. White of scrambled eggs mixed with spinach or mushrooms.
3. Shake with natural French vanilla or chocolate flavors. Recommended by American Heart Association.
4. Sandwich with raw vegetables.
The mid-day energy booster and metabolism regulator meal should be well balanced.
1. Baked or boiled potatoes with a little pepper and lime are good.
2. A cup of chicken soup followed by a plate of green salad.
3. Organic, whole wheat tortilla with dressings of carrots, tomatoes and sprinkled with pepper and taken with grilled chicken or lean meat.
4. A grilled vegetable burger with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and a little cheese along with your favorite ketchup.
A healthy dinner will stimulate your morning workout and give you a sound sleep.
1. Spaghetti squash is rich in carbohydrates and fibers.
2. Lentil bean pasta is rich in vitamin-B and iron.
3. Potato based pasta is again a good source of carbohydrates and fibers.
4. Baked or boiled mashed potatoes have high carbohydrates and low-fat content. Add a cup of non-fat milk, little water and sprinkle some salt.
It is customary to indulge in something sweet after dinner. Chocolates have been found to act as anti-oxidants, so why not.
What we eat is important, but equally important is how much we eat. If you take six meals in a day, reduce the quantity you take in each meal. A little exercise and control on your diet will definitely keep your body in good shape.
About the Author: If you would like to hire a Personal Trainer in Observatory Hill, or a free Bootcamp session, visit Sydney Boot Camps.
Permanent Link: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=623998&ca=Wellness%2C+Fitness+and+Diet