The USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) has announced that Olymel S.E.C./ L.P., an establishment in Alberta, Canada is recalling approximately 4,618 pounds of raw intact pork products because the products were imported from Canada and did not present for import re-inspection upon entry into the U.S.
The FSIS has designated this a Class I Recall of High Health Risk.
The products subject to recall are:
- 50-lb. cases containing “OLYMEL FRESH PORK BELLY SKINLESS” with case code of 0627F, a best before date of 02-19-2018 and Canada 270A.
- 26-lb. cases containing “OLYMEL FRESH PORK BACK RIBS” with a case code of 2952F, a best before date of 02-21-2018 and 02-22-2018 and Canada 270A.
- 74-lb. cases containing “OLYMEL FRESH PORK LEG” with a case code of 0112F, a best before date of 02-20-2018 and 02-21-2018 and Canada 270A.
- 61-lb. cases containing “OLYMEL PORK SIRLOIN BONELESS” with a case code of 4328F, a best before date of 02-21-2018 and Canada 270A.
- 61-lb. cases containing “OLYMEL FRESH PORK BELLY SKINLESS” with a case code of 0521F, a best before date of 01-29-2018 and 01-31-2018 and Canada 270A.
- 30-lb. cases containing “WILLAMETTE VALLEY MEAT COMPANY PORK FEET WHOLE” with USDA EST. 21134 and pack date of 1/30/18.
The recalled items were produced on various dates from Jan. 22, 2018 through Feb. 5, 2018 and shipped to retail and restaurant locations in Oregon and Washington and exported to a Department of Defense Commissary in Japan.
The USDA said the problem was discovered on Feb. 5, 2018 by an FSIS import inspector.
According to the USDA, there haven't been any confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about a reaction should contact a healthcare provider.
The USDA urged consumers to not consume the products, but to discard them or return them to the place of purchase.
Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Richard Vigneault, Public Relations Agent for Olymel S.E.C/ L.P, at (514) 497-1385.
But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear ; do not be frightened." 1 Peter 3:14
***Like us on Facebook!!!***
I'm living fit, healthy and happy(SM). Are you?
"Olymel S.E.C./ L.P. Recalls Pork Products That Were Produced Without Benefit of Import Inspection" copyright © 2018 Living Fit, Healthy and Happy(SM). All Rights Reserved.