How to Balance on a Bicycle
By Joan Bishop Denizot
Riding a bicycle is fun, thrilling, and exciting. It has become a common form of exercise for most people due to the numerous benefits that biking offers. This has also become a form exercise for most, in spite of their sex, age, and weight. With the increasing number of people enjoying this activity, more bicycle models have been developed and introduced in order to satisfy the growing demand of the riders.
Heavy riders can now enjoy a safer and worry-free riding experience due to the wide array of bicycles fit for them. These bicycles are built to ensure that falling and out balancing will not occur or will not be encountered. Custom made bicycles are also being offered to heavy riders for better fitting and right specifications. But despite the availability of these safe bicycles, one should still know the basics of bicycle riding, most specifically balancing. Some of the most helpful tips and techniques to enhance the biker's ability to balance oneself were listed below.
- Choose bicycle models with lower and wider pedals to allow for a quick and easy stopping anytime.
- Lower bicycle's seat for easy touching of the ground when accidental falls occur.
- Equip bicycle with a wide and well-padded seat to add comfort to the rider.
- Learn the techniques on proper stopping and correct braking of the bicycle.
- Ride the bicycle at a controllable speed and with enough self-esteem and confidence.
- Enjoy the ride and avoid pressuring oneself to immediately cycle at a fast pace.
- Know the several roles of the bicycle parts including the steering details and functions.
- Practice in a safe place with flat and concrete areas for an easier and smoother pacing.
- Ask for assistance or help while practicing by holding the back of the bicycle while trying to stay put on the pedal.
- Practice up hills and down hills with so much gentleness and care.
- Wear the appropriate clothes which allow moving freely, easily, and comfortably during the entire bicycle ride.
- Equip with safety gears such as helmets, knee pads, and hand gloves.
- Practice more and continue learning. Never give up!
This guide will help heavy riders achieve better balance while riding a bicycle. Moreover, the latest innovations in the bicycle models either customized or not, will ensure only the best performance during the entire biking experience. With these, heavy riders are guaranteed to have the best, most enjoyable and most satisfying ride of their life in order to achieve a fit and healthy body.
Whether you are an average sized rider or a heavier one who wanted to try biking for recreational purposes, commuting, or losing weight, check out Zize Bikes company for a line-up of custom made, extra sturdy bicycles for everybody that can support ALL riders of ALL sizes (up to 550 pounds).